It’s TIME! Bridging #UMI from Ethereum to Binance Smart Chain
The time has arrived.
On the memorable date of the 25th of December 2021 something very special is happening with Umi Digital. Their native token #UMI will be tradable on Binance Smart Chain (BSC).
This eagerly anticipated move comes at just the right moment for Umi Digital as they embark on their path to SORA greatness. After Umi Digital’s Dapp launch on ethereum a number of months ago the team’s eyes became firmly set on opening their stunning NFT staking Dapp to the masses, through an affordable and easily navigable network such as BSC.
This Medium article will guide you on how to transfer said #UMI from ethereum over to BSC using Multichain (Previously Anyswap).
How to move UMI from ETH to BSC
In order to transfer UMI from Ethereum over to Binance Smart Chain, you will need to use the Multichain Swap Tool.
Here is the step-by-step process on how to transfer your UMI from Ethereum to BSC. Disclaimer: in case you haven’t yet added Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask please ensure you have done before continuing. A guide on how to do so can be found here: https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/connecting-metamask-to-binance-smart-chain
- Download MetaMask from their official website and create an account. Make sure to write your seed phrase down on a piece of paper rather than storing it on your computer, phone or any other Internet-connected device.
- Now that your MetaMask is all set, head over to multichain. The team over at Multichain has built a great swapping tool which will be utilised to move your #UMI from Ethereum over to BSC.
- In the top right corner, click on ‘Connect Wallet’ and connect your MetaMask to Multichain. Given we are moving tokens from Ethereum, make sure you have selected the Ethereum Mainnet. You should be seeing something like this:
4. If you aren’t automatically on the ‘Router’ page (see top menu bar), click that and you will see the bridge from the above image.
5. In the upper box (From), make sure you are connected on ETH network and find #UMI in the list of tokens by typing UMI in the search field.
Ensure it is bridged FROM the Ethereum Mainnet and TO Binance Smart Chain. The Ethereum logo should be in the upper box and the BSC logo in the lower box. Select the UMI (Ethereum) token if you want to bridge from ETH chain to BSC chain.
6. Input the desired amount of #UMI you wish to bridge and click on ‘Swap’.
7. A second pop-up window will appear asking you confirm the swap. Click ‘Confirm” to proceed and authorize the transaction on your metamask wallet as well.
You will now be required to pay some fees for the transfer and confirm the transactions. Are you OK with the fees? Then go on and complete the swap. After confirming the swap, a success notification will appear similar to the one below.
Very well done! You should now have your #UMI in your Binance Smart Chain Wallet. It usually takes less than 5 minutes but may take up to 10–30 mins at peak times. Reminder please take note of the following rules when bridging UMI from Ethereum to Binance Smart Chain:
***Official $UMI Contract Addresses***
Umi Digital ($UMI) is a multichain token, that means it exists on multiblock chains. Beware of fake token contracts. Here is a list of all the official token contract Address for Umi Digital ($UMI) token.
$UMI (Ethereum) Token Contract Address
$UMI (Binance Smart Chain) Token Contract Address
$UMI (SORA Chain) Token Asset (Contract) Address